Cargo Express Services Limited is extremely proud to be one of the oldest shipping organization in the Turks & Caicos Islands. Our efficiency, professionalism and the ability to exceed customer expectations, allows us to maintain the leadership position in the industry.

Mission Statement

A commitment to success through teamwork and superior customer satisfaction by providing the highest quality service, while aiming to maintain a convincingly leadership position within the industry, strengthened by our unique qualities, experiences and principles

History

Cargo Express Services Limited is a registered company in the Turks & Caicos Islands since November 1995, with headquarters located at 70 South Dock Road, Providenciales.  We are Shipping Agents and Custom Brokers, offering additional services of Trucking of Full container loads (FCL) and Less than Container loads (LCL) cargo, shipping logistics, warehousing and storage to all inhabited islands and cays within the Turks & Caicos Islands.

During 1995, Cargo Express was housed in an 800 square feet office located at the Beatrice Butterfield Building in Downtown Providenciales. The Managing Director saw the need for an enhanced, more established, viable global shipping company to meet all the shipping needs of the Turks & Caicos Islands. Thus a partnership with Tropical Shipping was secured which saw the first scheduled vessel (Tropic Flyer ) arriving at the port of Providenciales, directly from West Palm Beach, on April 1, 1996.  The Tropic Flyer was loaded with seven (7) containers forming 5% of the total market imports at the time.  The other 95% was dedicated to other competitors who provided shipping services to the trade for several years.

Since then, there has been tremendous economic growth within the Turk & Caicos Islands and so the services offered were expanded to Grand Turk in 1988 and South Caicos in 2001.  Extra Warehouse space was now required so in 2000 an 8400 square feet bonded warehouse facility was constructed. Full-time staff also increased to eight (8) employees. By 2004 the bonded warehouse facility in Providenciales was once again increased to 14400 square feet.

organization chartDuring 2008, Cargo Express Services constructed the only bonded warehouse and office facility of 5000 square feet on Grand Turks to stratify the demand of an increasing market.

Presently, with employees numbering thirty two (32) strong, we maintain a leadership position within the industry servicing fifty six (56) percent of the market share.  Our customers have grown to depend on our twice weekly sailings into Providenciales, once weekly sailing to Grand Turk and twice monthly service to South Caicos.  We are constantly promoting Cargo Express Services as the agency of choice in the Turks & Caicos Islands, representing the most reliable carrier/s in the Shipping Industry.

MENU